Associate Financial Advisor
There are many ways to become a Financial Advisor at Wells Fargo Advisors.
While one of them might fit your working style or client interaction preference better, they will all provide you with the training needed to help your clients succeed financially and grow your business.
Apprentice with an experienced branch Financial Advisor to learn how to grow their business, by servicing and building existing client relationships within a team setting.
The Associate Financial Advisor program is closely aligned with our Traditional Advisor business model. Learn more about that business model here.
Initially salaried, shifting to base salary + shared commission
2 year training program
Series 7 and Series 66
Nationwide (includes visits to Home Office in St. Louis)
Each of our training programs are designed to give potential Financial Advisors the tools they need to succeed — coaching and mentoring, hands-on learning opportunities and comprehensive training courses.Weeks 1-15 (includes visit to St. Louis with Experienced FA)
- Series 7 and Series 66 exam preparation in your local branch with the help of experienced Home Office Investment Licensing Training professionals to provide coaching and monitoring assistance along the way
- Introductions to your support team: Performance Coach, and Experienced Financial Advisor, Branch Manager and L&D Consultants
- Introduction to business planning, the advice-based sales process, and Wells Fargo Advisors culture, vision and values
(includes visit to St. Louis)
- Comprised of five 10-week modules focused on the core best practices that help advisors deliver superior service and advice to clients. Learning activities are designed to help you acquire knowledge, demonstrate skills and deliver business impact in each of five key areas
- Includes live client observations, role plays with your Experienced Financial Advisor, regular 1:1 and group coaching sessions and interactions with actual clients
- Building on the knowledge, skills and best practices developed in Year 1, this phase allows you to take on greater responsibility as the lead relationship manager on a number of existing and new client accounts, with a goal of deepening relationships and supporting the growth of the practice
- Advanced curriculum and ongoing coaching to support development of business planning, best practice adoption and team-specific skills
Our competitive compensation plan is designed with your personal and professional success in mind.
Full salary during the Licensing and Foundations training period.
During the first two years of production (Acceleration and Action), full salary remains in place. During Year 2 (Action), you will also begin to share commission on certain accounts where you are designated the lead relationship manager. You are eligible for a bonus upon successful completion of the program.
Full benefits package available.