Technical Pre-Sales Advisor in Telford (TF1) | Citirecruit
An exciting opportunity has become available to join one of the fastest growing companies in the country that offer tailor-made cloud hosted solutions and managed IT services.
Purpose of Job:
- Supporting sales and technical teams to ensure that customers are offered products and services appropriate to their needs.
- Identifying achievable technical solutions aligned with customer business requirements.
- Contribution to the production of professional customer proposals.
- External representation of our organisation’s technical ability.
- Design and specification of customer IT solutions using a variety of server technologies. Includes:
- Gathering and interpreting customer requirements.
- Translating requirements into technical recommendations that meet customer needs.
- Liaising with Infrastructure engineers to develop professional customer proposals.
- Technical assessment of customer requests including the commercial estimation of engineer effort.
- Contributing to tender processes and producing professional proposals.
- Representation of technical teams during customer meetings or by other communications.
- Maintaining a close understanding of relevant markets to identify product and service opportunities.
Technical Pre-Sales Advisors must have a good technical grasp of Microsoft server and Citrix technologies with an understanding of typical applications. Experience at least four of the following
technologies is should be demonstrated.
• Microsoft server and desktop technologies:
o Active Directory
o Windows Server and desktop operating systems
o Internet Information Services (IIS)
o Remote Desktop Services
o Clustering (MSCS)
o Microsoft SQL Server
• Citrix XenApp
• Awareness of WAN/LAN connectivity sufficient to provideadvice to customers.
• Hypervisor technologies such as VMware or Hyper-V
• Unix or Linux operating systems
• Solar Winds monitoring applications
• Enterprise hardware for servers and storage including SAN.
Candidates should demonstrate competency for the following.
• Effective planning of mixed workloads with ability tomonitor objectives and escalate as necessary.
• Independent problem solving and the ability to workaround blockages.
• Self-sufficient workload management including prioritising and executing tasks.
• Achieving positive outcomes through communication.
• Collaborative team working and participation in meetings.
• Maintaining a professional attitude with consideration for company reputation at all times.
If you have the key skills and experience then send in your CV today!Please note: You should never need to provide bank account details or any other financial information, or make any form of payment, when applying for a job. If you are ever asked to do this by a recruiter on our site please contact us with the advertiser's company name and the title of the job vacancy.