HPAdvisor - HPAdvisor.exe - Program Information
This program is not required to start automatically as you can run it when you need to. It is advised that you disable this program so that it does not take up necessary resources. The following information is a brief description of what is known about this file. If you require further assistance for this file, feel free to ask about in the forums.
- C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Advisor\HPAdvisor.exe autoRun
- HP Advisor is a program that is preinstalled on HP computers. When run, this program will scan your computer for problems and provide advice on how to fix them or optimize the computer. Can be launched as needed.
- C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Advisor\HPAdvisor.exe
- This startup entry is started automatically from a Run, RunOnce, RunServices, or RunServicesOnce entry in the registry.
- This entry has been requested 9,110 times.
It is assumed that users are familiar with the operating system they are using and comfortable with making the suggested changes. BleepingComputer.com will not be held responsible if changes you make cause a system failure.
This is NOT a list of tasks/processes taken from Task Manager or the Close Program window (CTRL+ALT+DEL) but a list of startup applications, although you will find some of them listed via this method. Pressing CTRL+ALT+DEL identifies programs that are currently running - not necessarily at startup. Therefore, before ending a task/process via CTRL+ALT+DEL just because it has an "X" recommendation, please check whether it's in MSCONFIG or the registry first. An example would be "svchost.exe" - which doesn't appear in either under normal conditions but does via CTRL+ALT+DEL. If in doubt, don't do anything.