Nutrition & Wellness Consultant Certification
TheAFPA Nutrition & Wellness Consultant Certificationprogram will teach you how to give educated nutritional guidance and nutrition coaching to individuals seeking nutritional advice on weight management and enhancing health and fitness performance and overall lifestyle. You will learn the fundamental skills of counseling strategies and protocol, complimented by action-based worksheets and practical case studies. Learn how to effectively communicate with clients to reach their desired nutritional and lifestyle goals.
- Self-paced, self-study, complete your course within 6 months or less
- After successful completion, you will earn the title of “Certified Nutrition & Wellness Consultant”
Requirements for enrollment:
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- High school diploma, GED or International equivalent
Learning Format & What's Included:
- Comprehensive textbooks, self-assessment quizzes & activities, video lessons, and online student website
- FREE Manual "Legal Guidelines for Unlicensed Practitioners"
- Online Testing Option –
- ONLINE TEST - Submit your assignments and final examination online and receive your results immediately.
- MAIL-IN TEST - Not comfortable with online testing? We have you covered. Indicate "Mail-in testing option" in the notes when ordering.
- Test When You’re Ready – Complete examination anytime within 6 months from enrollment
- Study at Your Own Pace - Course Study Guidelines and Completion Schedule to stay on track
- All Learning Materials -2 Certification & Consulting textbooks, video and student website
- Counseling & Lifestyle Management Forms for Starting Your Own Business
- Worksheets and Questionnaires to document and assess counseling sessions
- FREE Forms, Worksheets and Checklists provided as downloads & as perforated forms for easy duplication
- Practice Quizzes - Self assessments to test progress
- Unlimited Student Support – Before, during and after enrollment
- No Added Fees - All materials and examination included
- Accreditation - Nationally accredited by AADP and ANMCB
- Weekly Newsletter - AFPA eNews with latest health and fitness trends
- Member Discount Offers
- NO Travel Necessary
The role of a Nutrition & Wellness Consultant:
- A Nutrition & Wellness Consultant assists clients in healthy eating habits and meeting their weight management and nutritional goals.
- A Nutrition & Wellness Consultant offers a sound nutritional plan.
- A Nutrition & Wellness Consultant should advise and present a balanced nutritional strategy.
- A Nutrition & Wellness Consultant is effective in discussing and advising on weight management plans.
- A Nutrition & Wellness Consultant offers nutritional plans for optimizing health.
- Click here for the complete AFPA Nutrition Professionals Scope of Practice
Opportunities in the Nutrition and Wellness field:
- Nutrition and Wellness Consulting – private consulting services for individuals with weight issues, lack of energy, or physical illness
- Being a Nutrition Coach, Health Coach or Lifestyle Coach - obtaining your Nutrition & Wellness certification will increase your earning potential
- Food Supplement Sales – vitamin, mineral and supplement distributors rely on educated nutrition sales consultants to market and sell their products
- Nutrition and Wellness Writer – many magazines accept and pay for articles for publication
- Corporate Wellness Centers – many corporations have wellness programs that include nutritional consulting and personal training
- Weight Loss Centers – Diet centers and Weight management organizations seek educated consultants to assists in management of clients, facilities and support meetings
- The facility may have a current client base that you can consult with to help them obtain their goals
- Health Food and Nutrition Retail Stores – natural food stores, organic markets and supplement stores employ staff with an education in nutrition and wellness
- Nutrition and Wellness Education – provide nutrition education lectures at schools, recreation centers, community centers and special groups that seek information regarding nutrition and optimal health
Nutrition & Wellness Accreditations & Board Certification:
- AFPA Nutrition & Wellness Consultant, Weight Management Consultant, Holistic Nutrition curriculum fully meets the American Naturopathic Medical Accreditation Board’s (ANMAB) Accreditation Board educational requirements. – See more at: www.anmab.org
- Graduates of AFPA are eligible to apply to be a Board Certified Holistic Health Care Practitioners, Board Certified Nutritional Consultant or Board Certified Holistic Nutritionist through the American Naturopathic Medical Certification Board (ANMCB). w ww.anmcb.org .
- AFPA has been granted full board accreditation by the American Association of Drugless Practitioners. Graduates of AFPA with nutrition credentials are eligible to apply to be board certified holistic health care practitioners through the AADP. AFPA graduates qualify for Board Certification through the American Association of Drugless Practitioners (AADP). You may contact the AADP at 1-888-764-AADP.
Nutrition and Wellness Consultant Certification Course Learning Objectives:
- Define the major functions of the macro and micro nutrients as well as oxygen.
- Identify practical food sources of mirco & macronutrients.
- Examine the effects of food choices on physical fitness and health.
- Discuss the principles of energy balance.
- Evaluate the use of various weight control diets to meet appropriate weight goals.
- Employ methods used to assess nutrition status.
- Explain how dietary recommendations are formulated.
- Examine methods used to carry out nutrition research.
- Distinguish sound nutritional information from unreliable nutritional information.
- Recognize appropriate behavioral change modifications and dietary approaches for different ages and populations.
- Construct a foundation for wellness nutrition based on current scientific research.
- Identify how to reinforce positive food habits and behaviors.
- Analyze the role of diet in causing and preventing various diseases, particularly chronic diseases.
- Recognize healthy diet and food choices, and explain why such choices will help prevent health problems.
- Formulate and design your own personalize meal plan and meal plans for clients.
- Examine common myths and fallacies concerning diet.
Nutrition & Wellness Consultant Certification Course Topics Include, but not limited to:
- The Art of Understanding Nutrition certification
- The Pursuit of a Healthy Diet
- The Challange of Dietary Guidelines
- Nutrition Anatormy: Digestion & Metabolism
- Carbohydrates: Simple, Complex and Guidelines; Hypoglycemia, Diabetes, and Sugar
- Lipids: Fats and Oils; Good Fats & Bad Fats, Understaning Fat Replacers
- Proteins and Amino Acids: Protein quality, recommendations, and the vegetarian diet
- Vitamins: Classifications and Guidelines; Antioxidants, Energy Metabolism, and Phytonutrients
- Water, Minerals and Alcohol:Absorption, Energy Metabolism and Nutritional Impact
- Weight Management: Weight Gain, Loss and Successful Weight Loss Strategies
- Nutrition and Fitness: Energy, Fuels and Fluids for Physical Activity
- Pregnancy and Nutrition Requirements
- Nutrition Needs and Recommendations for Infants, Children and Teens
- Nutrition for Needs and Recommendations for Older Adults and Seniors
- Food Safety and Foodbourne Illnesses
- Food Storage and Preparation
- Aids to Calculations and the Food Exchange
- American Dietary Guidelines and Recommendations
>Canadian Dietary Guidelines and Recommendations
- Chapter Notes
- Table of Food Composition
Online video component; how nutrition is related to the following:
- Heart Disease
- Kidney Failure
- Liver Failure
- Adverse Drug Reactions
- Boosting Immunity
- Autoimmune Diseases
- Essential Tremor
- Western Diseases
- Heart Disease is a Choice
- Atherosclerosis in Childhood
- Unclogging our Arteries
- Preventing Cervical Cancer
- Female Reproductive Health
- Male Reproductive Health
- Treating Constipation
- Starving Cancer Growth
- Treating Cancer with Plants
- Preventing Bladder Infections
- Preventing Food Poisoning
- Lifestyle Modification
- Effective Counseling Relationship
- Nutrition Counseling Skills
- The Counseling Interview
- Goal Setting
- Design a Plan of Action
- Dietary Assessment
- Energy Determinations, Physical Assessment, Documentation/Charting
- Strategies to Promote Change
- Making Behavior Change Last
- Role of A Nutrition Counselor in Physical Activity Counseling
- Ending the Counseling Relationship
- Professionalism in the Helping Relationship
- Group Counseling
- Lifestyle Management Forms
- Worksheets & Questionnaires to Document & Assess Counseling Sessions
- Forms and Checklists for Easy Duplication
Added Nutrition & Wellness Consultant Certification Course Features:
- Pictorial summaries found at the end of each chapter summarize the chapter’s main points using corresponding images-ideal for visual learners
- A new spotlight on cultural foods has been added to better represent the broadness of ethnic differences, food preferences, and dietary needs among consumers
- Completely updated, this course includes the latest research and data on DRIs, healthy fats, organic foods, athletes and supplements, nutrition and cancer, and more
- Also discussed are food selection and preparation tips to illuminate the ways in which the concepts of nutrition can be applied to everyday life. Students learn about making healthy food and lifestyle
- Concluding each chapter is a listing of pertinent Web sites, encouraging students to look beyond the text for additional, useful information
- Passing an online or mail-in exam with 85% or higher. If you do not pass there is a $75.00 retest fee.
I had an extremely positive and valuable experience during the AFPA certification process. I enjoyed the self-pacing aspect of the process and through the learning procedure was very thorough. I will be using the AFPA website as a reference for future questions that I will have.
D. ColemannWrite Review
Showing reviews 1-10 of 14 | Next
I really appreciated them I mean all tools that I got ,They helped me to learn more about "Nutrition and wellness " I started quite late but tried my best to get the certificate on May 2017 . Bless me luck and I need it. Books are so good and quality details.
Thank you so much
I am very satisfied with this course. The materials were sent to me within three days. Mark answered any questions I had and I felt very confident in ordering this program. I plan on taking many more in the future. Thank you for a great product!
I am not quite done with the nutrition book yet, but am really enjoying it. Its easy to follow, detailed information, and gives a lot of supporting information to build a knowledge base. It just makes me want to read more nutrition books. Easy self pace. I actually read it while I'm working out. I'm going to be finished in half the needed time.
Unfortunately, I did not get started with my studies as quickly as I had planned, but I am through about two-thirds of the material now. The study guide/outline is very helpful, and the course materials are comprehensive. Even though the website links and references are not required to complete the certification course, they are extremely helpful for anyone planning on becoming a wellness consultant. As you are studying the required course material, I would recommend spending time to look though the references at the end of each chapter to increase the foundation of your future consultation endeavor. One thing that differentiates this certification from others that I had considered is the required course on counseling/consultation theories and practices. It is very helpful in terms of communicating with clients and managing your counselor/client relationships. Thank you AFPA!
The materials provided were great! A lot of great information and some valuable information that I've had questions about myself. I will definitely be purchasing more courses from AFPA in the future.
I really like how the course is set up. All the books, online training website and course info are laid out with a game plan on how to complete. This is a great program for anybody starting the path to a nutrition and wellness coaching business and teaching others about good nutrition behaviors.
I am halfway through the Nutrition & Wellness Consultant Certification course and I am loving it. Nutrition & Wellness is something that I have been wanting to do for the longest time and I am glad I found this with AFPA. It's flexible and very suitable for working adults with busy schedules. The study materials are very helpful and comprehensive. It is definitely a good course and I am already considering more courses with AFPA.
I love the material. I am learning things I didn't know and review things I've not used since Nursing School in 2002. The information and companion online materials are wonderful! I am glad I decided to do this and can't wait to be a Certified Nutrition Consultant and hope to take the boards to become board certified. I have always had an interest and passion for nutrition. Love this course so far!!
I received may material very soon and I'm in to it.
It fits perfectly with my lifestyle and I'm looking forward to achieve my certification and keep studying for more certifications
I loved this program; it fit perfectly with the way I think and live. I am so grateful for this course. The study materials came quickly and there was plenty of time to complete all the work, finishing early is definitely achievable.
Showing reviews 1-10 of 14 | Next