Academic Advisor resume samples1
Provided Academic Advisement and Support to a cohort of 50 High School students within the GPS Program at the Bronx Academy of Health Careers both individually and in groups.
- Developed the EAAP tool collaborating with teachers and students in support of their goal setting, academic planning and strategies.
- Provided Teacher/Student Support as a Push-In Academic Advisor helping the GPS students focus on improving their grades and attendance.
- Created monthly activities for Academic Advisement sessions, Designed visual and promotional material for the GPS program which was displayed at the High School.
Maintained direct contact with over 600 students including individuals and small groups to continuously develop action plans for academic success
- Provided outreach, referrals, and intervention for student population
- Developed activities and workshops to support new students, students on academic warning, and honors students
- Collaborated with Academic Affairs to monitor and convey all aspects of curriculum, sequencing, academic status and registration
- Collaborated with Academic Affairs regarding curriculum updates, scheduling, student concerns and needs to maintain industry standards and policy
- Participated and supported all key departments including tracking statistics, proper file documentation, departmental meetings, strategic planning and program assessment
- Monitored institutional benchmarks and supported all persistence endeavors
- Designed and implemented a campus calendar with a weekly PowerPoint presentations distributed to the students
- Volunteer Faculty Advisor for ABK Alpha Beta Kappa, National Honors Society
Advised disadvantaged students throughout Monroe and Loudon counties who displayed an interest in higher education.
- Implemented financial Aide workshops for high school students and families into weekly meetings.
- Assisted students and families in applying for scholarships and financial Aide.
- Managed case load effectively.
- Trained new employees according to our Grant programs operating procedures.
- Developed new organization methods to improve accuracy of monthly reports.
- Assisted with Grant writing.
- Evaluated and determined transfer credit from various institutions.
- Updated call logs, collected data, and analyzed data for admissions representatives.
- Recognized student issues, evaluated student requests, and determined suitable means for resolution.
- Collaborated with faculty and other entities on campus to ensure student retention.
- Assisted admission's department with monthly open houses and college fairs.
Develop customized academic plans and educational curriculum for students on behalf of private tutoring company, assigning
exercises and exams to 50+ students based on academic levels and learning goals.
- Provide support to students enrolled in AP and college-level courses in Calculus, Statistics, Economics, Probability and Physics.
- Successfully achieved SAT score improvements of up to 150 points and increases of up to 20% on final exams.
- Received positive feedback from students and parents due to highly effective instructional methods and professionalism.
Peer Academic Advisor
- Directed one-on-one meetings with students to solve academic qustions and concerns.
- Provided excellent customer service to students
seeking academic advising.
- Instructed class sessions for First Year Seminar students.
- Initiated, planned and hosted events for students throughout the year and then promoted them.
- Advised Master's and Doctoral level students in School of Marriage and Family Sciences and Psychology
- Strategized with faculty and team members to improve retention and key learning outcomes
- Acted as liaison between faculty and students
- Ensured that all student's maintained minimum standards in G.P.A. and course completion rate
Educational Talent Search Academic Advisor
- Tracked and assessed student academic progress and efforts toward college entry by communicating with assigned seniors and juniors through email, social media, and during monthly workshops
- Created action plans for high school seniors to follow to successfully enroll in college
- Administered and disseminated financial aid information and assist with college applications
- Designed and conducted career and college workshops to facilitate college readiness for first generation, low-income 7th -12th grade students using Adobe Illustrator, Microsoft Publisher, and Photoshop
- Collaborated in a team of 12 to support grant objectives and federally mandated guidelines
- Organized a one-day session for 50 students to learn from the renowned author Chad Cargill on how to improve ACT test scores, while staying in budget within the guidelines of our federal grant
- Co-Chaired a Poker Run fundraiser for the Arkansas Association of Student Assistance Programs (AASAP) statewide conference, raising over $500 with members of Emerging Leaders Institute
- Networked with a variety of stakeholders (educational institutions, local business, state organizations, etc.) to provide educational services
Create and coordinate events to prepare high school students for post-secondary education and future careers
- Individually work with students to help assist them with college applications, scholarships, internships, volunteer opportunities and individual success goals
- Work as a team to track student progress, performance, persistence and ensure that they all receive the support needed
- Plan events to meet district's T24 five year goal of doubling the percentage of graduates who pursue and finish post-secondary education
Advised students on degree requirements, college programs, and educational plans
- Assisted students in the development of schedules of classes
- Aided students in the university transfer process
- Informed students of various services and resources available as well as campus activities
- Provided support to students related to the college experience
We have partnered with TopResume to bring you a FREE resume critique service. Upload your resume and within 48 hours TopResume will email you a detailed analysis of what hiring managers and automated systems think of your resume – and how to improve it.