Medical Library / Information & Communication Sciences
Restricted to current SIU School of Medicine students, faculty, staff, and residents. Guests are welcome to visit the Medical Library and conduct their research at library workstations.
AMA Manual of Style: A Guide for Authors and Editors (10th edition)
"The Bad Bug Book" - Foodborne Pathogenic Microorganisms and Natural Toxins Handbook (second edition) - Basic facts regarding foodborne pathogenic microorganisms and natural toxins, from the Food & Drug Administration, the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention, the USDA Food Safety Inspection Service, and the National Institutes of Health.
ClinicalKey - Clincial Key contains a collection of more than 1100 books, including Cecil's Essentials of Medicine, Medical Physiology, and Human Pharmacology. See the list of selected ClinicalKey ebooks.
Clinical Pharmacology - A comprehensive resource including drug monographs, drug interaction reports, patient handouts, dosing calculators, and multiple search capabilities.
Credo Reference - Includes Encyclopedias, Dictionaries, Biographies, Quotations, Bilingual Dictionaries, Crossword Solver, Measurement Conversions.
EbscoHost eBook Collection - Search and view the full text of eBooks.
Funk & Wagnalls New World Encyclopedia (EBSCOHost) - This database provides over 25,000 encyclopedic entries covering a variety of subject areas. The database contains various images, offers brief biographies as well as information in a variety of subject areas.
Harrisons Online -Featuring the complete contents ofHarrison's Principles of
Internal Medicine, 18e. Sections can be printed, emailed, or downloaded for handheld devices.
Medical Dictionary from Merriam-Webster - Free online medical dictionary
NCBI Bookshelf- Free access to life science and healthcare books and documents in the National Center for Biotechnology Information.
Oxford English Dictionary - TheOxford English Dictionary(OED) is widely regarded as the accepted authority on the English language.
Springer Medicine eBook Collection - The newest ebooks available from Springer will
appear here first. After a time lag of several months the books can also be found in the Medical Library I-Share catalog with links to the full text.
Todar's Online Textbook of Bacteriology - An electronic text by a University of Wisconsin professor in the Department of Bacteriology. Continually updated.
Visual Histology Text Book - Concise, illustrated on-line Text-Atlas, “Visual Histology,” by Moran & Rowley. Originally published in “hard copy” and now available as a free online book.
Selected ClinicalKey Books:
Allergy, Asthma & Immunology
- Adkinson: Middleton's Allergy: Principles and Practice, 8th ed. - 2014
- Rakel: Integrative Medicine - 2012
Anesthesiology & Pain Management
- Miller: Basics of Anesthesia - 2011
- Habif: Clinical Dermatology, 6th ed. - 2016
Endocrinology & Metabolism
- Hoffman: Hematology: Basic Principles and Practice, 6th ed. - 2013
Hospice & Palliative Care
- Walsh: Palliative Medicine, 1st ed. - 2009
- Taal: Brenner and Rector's The Kidney, 10th ed. - 2016
Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Abeloff: Abeloff's Clinical Oncology - 2013
- Yanoff: Ophthalmology, 4th ed. - 2014
- Flint: Cummings Otolaryngology: Head & Neck Surgery, 6th ed. - 2015
- Wecker: Brody's Human Pharmacology, 5th ed. - 2010
Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
- Boron: Medical Physiology, 2nd ed. - 2011
- Mason: Murray and Nadel's Textbook of Respiratory Medicine, 6th ed. - 2016
- Firestein: Kelley's Textbook of Rheumatology, 9th ed. - 2012
- Townsend: Sabiston Textbook of Surgery, 19th ed. - 2012
- Wein: Campbell-Walsh Urology, 11th. ed. - 2016